Sunday, February 22, 2009

Deserve it or not

Seth Godin posted an article titled "Do you deserve it?" a couple days ago. He asked if we deserve the luck that we have or not. He also said it's a loaded word and ask what you are going to do when you get the luck that you have been wishing for. Personally, I don't think that I'm deserving of the luck that I have been granted, but I am thankful for the hard work that my parents have gone through in order to provide me with the "luck" that I have here in hte United States. I do believe that I am lucky, but I know I have a lot of work to do here with my own art in order to pay back those that have helped me to come some far and accomlish so much.

Do you deserve the luck you've been handed? The place you were born, the education you were given, the job you've got? Do you deserve your tribe, your customer base, your brand?

Not at all. “Deserve” is such a loaded word. Most of us don’t deserve the great opportunities we have, or the lucky breaks that got us here.

The question shouldn’t be, “do you deserve it.” I think it should be, “what are you going to do with it now that you've got it?")

No comments:

Post a Comment